Tuesday, February 01, 2005

South Jersey...

28 Jan 05: Rolled into Central Jersey around 2145 via the disgustingly-expensive-yet-oh-so-slow-55mph Pennsylvania turnpike (enter G. Love and Special Sauce's I-76 here) after missing 12 exits for Jersey via Phillie. That or Phillie people can't count, because the exit numbers went from 339 to 351. I needed 344. Whatever; 45 minutes, a shout out to my favorite So. Jersey shore residents, two flashes of "the bird" and about 80 right turns to go left, I rolled into my apartment.

29 Jan 05: 2145 Myself and a few boys in blue hit up Phillie; we get a mean vector and roll in hot to the apartment of some friendlies of the female persuasion. Prime real estate, that apartment. It overlooks the steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art. If that doesn't mean anything to you, rent Rocky... savages. Anyhow, the Matty Hatter Eck and I plan on running the steps under the influence...video to follow. Alas, I digress. Our flight proceeds to an establishment in Old Town phillie with aforementioned friendlies; drinks, of course, are had, I burn my thumb, and make out with one of the friendlies, at the bar and her apartment afterword. Now at our bingo, our flight of four rtbs ( returns to base) and ties the jet down at 0455 local, 30 Jan. Approximate elapsed time from T 2 the double D's arrival in theatre to assault landing troops (ie the Lewis and Clark expeditionary force) into a bare "landing strip?" 28 hours.

Jersey might not be so bad. Phillie, especially come Sunday, seems to be a rocking town.
E!-A!-G!-L!-E!-S! EAGLES!!! Go BIRDS!

T2theDoubleD

"T's Jumbo: Long'n'heavy, slow'n'steady. Where d'ya want it?"

No comments: