Thursday, November 30, 2006

Shamed...pure and simple.



Well it's cold, drab and most noticeably icy outside today in Kansas City. Last night I worked late and had to skate home in my Z. This morning I planned ahead and woke up early got my truck warmed up and set the Ol' Blue into 4x4 with the hubs. For those that don't know I own a beater of a truck. For an even grand I purchased a 1976 F-250 high boy. If that wasn't big enough, the dude that had it before me put 35's on it and a 4" lift that he welded to the suspension. It appears to be one bad mamma jamma. Its a work truck with rust everywhere and mismatched paint but it does the trick... usually. I started going between my house and my neighbors and my truck decides to go sideways at 1 mph and nails the corner of my house. Minor damage done really just a little paint is all I need to fix it. I then get on to my street just hoping to get to a more traveled road and I couldn't even do that. Ol' Blue decides to go sideways on me again so I crank the wheel and luckily slide over to the curb without destroying anything. So my truck, that has tires as big as some cars and a clearance that a miata could go under, is stranded. I can't help but look down the block and bow my head in shame.

No comments: