Friday, February 17, 2006

Yankee Irish Drinking Music

I have rediscovered that one of my favorite things to do while drinking is sing songs. Not that Ashlee Simpson-karaoke bullshit, but good, wholesome Irish songs about drinking. One of the best places around here to get a pint of the black is Murphey's. Turns out my new roommates (yup, moved again) practically live there. Every night of the week they have some celtic lads singing random Irish tunes, usually about drinking and beating your wife. Last Friday we were treated to the Almost Irish songs of Ceann Na Caca. Jared, my new roommate, and I have been singing the "Worst Pirate in the World" to anyone who will stand still long enough to listen. Basically the gist is that girls can't be pirates. It's hilarious. Now before some of our readers get too excited, I will confess that some of my favorite pirates are girls. But they have a point, pirates never go to the bathroom in twos.

For those going to Mardi Gras next week, here's your homework: listen to the song as many times as you can so you can sing along while drunk. I'll teach you the hand motions.

No comments: