Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Konichiwa BITCHES

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No, Erika, I hadn't yet received my Origami Jayhawk, otherwise I'd definitely would have won that contest. I have been slacking in posting pictures of the Flying Jayhawk, but here's a good one in the land of my birth, Okinawa.
For the record, the statue is one of two Shi Shi (or Shi Sha, depending on who you talk to) dogs. Okinawans, which are their own ethnicity, put the two of them at the entrances to their homes. One's mouth is open to frighten evil spirits away, the other's closed to keep good spirits in. Of course, with a Jayhawk perched on top, Mizzou best keep their fucking distance, lest in the immortal words of Mr. Miyagi: "walk left side, safe. Walk right side, safe. Walk Lawrence, sooner or later SQUISH; just like grape. " Or Sam Houston, for that matter.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Touche my friend, you are the original origami jayhawk!!
ps- this picture is f'ing cool. you should send it into the origami jayhawk site.